Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy to be "alone"

Last night, my daughter had a friend spend the night. After seeing other people's children, I am starting to think that maybe my daughter really is an Angel.

The girl would NOT leave the dog alone, and the dog was getting close to the "I am going to bite your little finger off" point by the time we took the girl home. At first, it was mentioned to me that we could lock the dog up for the night. But I have a real problem with that. She is a good dog, and she is in her home, so I refuse to lock her up because someone else's kid's actions. If we were having a party, I would feel differently, because I know she is not good with crowds. But, for one kid? No, that's not going to happen.

Then, the girls were playing hide and seek, and she decides to hide in Kim and my closet. Uh, excuse me, but haven't you ever been taught that parents' rooms and closets are OFF LIMITS?

And, what the hell is with kids thinking that the 52 inch plasma screen is in need of their greasy fingers touching it? My kid sure as hell doesn't do that, and I expect her friends to toe the same line!

My little girl can REALLY piss me off sometimes. But, I am proud of the fact that my daughter is respectful of other people's homes and belongings. That, and she listens to her friends parents when told not to do something - I make sure of that!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, that little visitor you speak of is a product of today's "Let everyone else watch my kid" brand of parenting. Your only solution in such a case is to demand that she go by your rules in your home... or send her back where she came from.

    ReplyDelete