Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Post

Here I am now, making my first post, trying to figure out what the hell I have to say that anyone would want to read. I’m not having much luck with that, either. There was a time that I used to write short stories - really good short stories. I even won several creative writing awards in my first year of college. But now that I’ve gotten older, and my mind is filled with schedules, appointments, due dates, and finances, I think the creative thoughts ran out of space.

I suppose that the people I work with would be amazed to know this about me. You see, I’m not exactly what you would call a “Silver-tongued fox.” I won’t go into details - you can read into that any way you like. But, the people at work would probably never suspect that creative writing was not only one of my best collegiate subjects, but one of my favorites as well. Metal Shop or Home Brewing 101, maybe. But Creative Writing? HA!! Not a chance in hell would they believe that!

Well, that’s it. My first post is almost complete. Maybe I’ll continue to give little bits of insight about myself on this site. Then again, maybe I won’t. I suppose you’ll just have to keep checking in to see where I go from here. Or, if you’re really feeling nosey, you could shoot me an email and tell me what you want to know. I will not make any promises that I will answer them, but I will not make any promises that I won’t answer them, either.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin
    I love this! And I'm not surprised you're so good at it. I think it's genetic; the writing, I mean.
    But take care... not all things genetic are as harmless as writing.
    Tell your wife not to complain about winter; she should remember that snow isn't wildfire, earthquake, sea surge, hurricane, flood... or insects that grow to incredible size because there's not enough deep-freeze to keep them under control.
    I personally love every season, but like house guests, none of the seasons should linger beyond its welcome.And all of them do. I remember, for instance, the summer that went on into December. The grass kept growing; the flowers needed tended... all those good things are mostly good because you know they're transient.
    Like you---when I was young and single, and you could buy gas with extra pennies you threw in a bag in your glove compartment---loved to cruise down the highway, just for the pleasure of driving.
    However, I never went cruising for GIRLS, I assure you.
    I think you know who I am.

    ReplyDelete