Monday, December 22, 2008

Are You Ready?

Christmas is almost here. Are you ready? I'm ready for some time off, although I have people working during the day, so I am sure my phone will be ringing. But, I suppose it could be worse - I could be checking on an unemployment claim instead of answering phone calls. On that note, the phone calls don't seem so bad, do they?

The worst part of Christmas is being so busy. We have a whole slew of places to be, and things to do. So much, in fact, that we have to stretch our Christmas out across two days. Now, don't get me wrong - I am not complaining. It's actually kind of nice, getting to see everyone but getting an hour reprieve in between visits. And, in doing it this way, we actually manage to get one Christmas Dinner in at our house with my wife, my daughter, and myself. It didn't always happen that way. We used to go never get to have a dinner at our own house. But, my wife was insistant upon wanting to have our own dinner, and we finally did a few years ago. And, you know what? It's kind of nice.

For this year's dinner, we are going to go completely opposite of the "traditional" dinners we usually do. The side dishes haven't been decided yet, but the main course is going to be some nice, thick, juicy Ribeyes. After doing turkey, ham, more turkey, and more ham, the steaks will be a nice change of pace.

Well, that's it for tonight, as I've got nothing else that I really want to write about. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment