Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good Morning World

Today's post is being made on my Blackberry, while I lie in my PJ's on the couch. Seeing as I am typing this with my thumbs on a two-inch keyboard, I'd suggest that, if you spot any grammatical errors, you keep them to yourself. My thumbs are becoming quite strong with all this typing, and I'd hate to have to wrap them around someone's tiny little neck merely due to them not taking a hint.

Don't for a moment take the above comments as somehow meaning that I am in a bad mood. Actually, it's quite the opposite - I feel great today. I slept better last night, and feel better this morning than I have in months. And, I think I know why.

I have always had problems with allergies, cats being the worst. Seeing as I don't harbor even the tiniest hint of affection for cats, and refuse to have one, things have worked out fine.

But, since buying my daughter a couple of baby guinea pigs, I have had a minor allergic reaction, while my wife has had severe problems. Her eyes have been red like a tomato for two months, and no medicine has helped.
She has severe allergies to guinea pigs - something previously unknown to her.

Yesterday, we went and bought a new vacuum with a feature our olf bagless didn't have - HEPA filtration. At the same time, we bought the largest Honeywell air purifier that we could find. We turned on the purifier, and proceeded to vacuum the whole house twice.

By ten-o-clock last night, I felt great. And, this morning, I have nearly none of the congestion problems that usually haunt me. And my wife's eyes are clearing up as well.

So, it looks like my daughter's guinea pigs won't be New Year's dinner after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment